Fortunately in today’s digital world, every hobby has at least a few thousand websites dedicated to it. Although we now have a myriad of online publications to choose from, there are many trashy sites that get in the way of finding what you’re looking for.
So where do I look?
Wading through useless websites is a real issue when it comes to mountain biking and cycling – because every guy and their jovial Uncle Tim is a pro. Instead of wasting hours trying to find the perfect sites, take a look at this list of some of the most popular cycling blogs:
- Fatcyclist – This website is the blogging baby of a comedic writer who calls himself Fattie. He is by no means fat, but is one of the most hilarious people you’ll ever come across. His articles are informative, accurate and full of self-deprecating witticisms that’ll give you a kick-start on a blue day.
- MTBR – This site contains massive amount information on bikes, workouts and gear reviews. It also offers great forums where you can chat with fellow enthusiasts and get all your questions answered.
- Ride – South Africans love their extreme sports and Ride exemplifies the extent of this passion. This site offers ideal training programmes, dietary guides, top product reviews, events updates and even the latest news on all that’s happening in the cycling world. On top of that, it even features impressive videos and interviews with talented individuals.
- Pinkbike – This website is very similar to MTBR, but with a lot more style, elegance and personal stories. You’ll get lost for hours on end while you follow a cycling journey all over the globe. Check out all the best cyclists, and see what they can do – live though their trials and tribulations and share their victories.
- Bikeradar– Their slogan, ‘The world is for riding’, captures the essence of their ideology. This fun site hosts everything you need to know about cycling, whether you’re an expert or a beginner. It even has content on how you can get your family interested in this activity. There are tons of links to interesting industry news, the best routes in your area, and competitions.
Each of these websites imparts very useful information to both international and South African cyclists. Whatever your biking needs –advice, new parts, inspiration, training schedules – you won’t be disappointed. At the end of a long day, you can simply spend an evening on a YouTube journey watching your favourite athletes showcase their skills. This is also a quick and easy way to grab some inspiration on the go.
In addition to finding cool videos and new ideas, you can connect with people all over the world: from the Drakensburg all the way to Canada and Spain. Share your ideas, experiences and difficulties. You can even upload videos and gain a loyal following. Get started tonight and gain some useful knowledge by reading these inspirational websites!
Malini enjoys two things more than anything in life. They are, writing and cycling. When she’s not in the saddle enjoying rides through the country side or writing about it.